[thelist] NN can't handle table width...

Gerenday, Perry (P.) pgerenda at visteon.com
Thu Sep 6 12:57:51 CDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: john corry [mailto:john at neoncowboy.com]

 > http://www.simmerhawaii.com/masts/index.php
 > This page is looking exactly the way I want it to in IE 5.
 > But leave it to
 > NN 4.7 to trash it...
 >
 > In NN 4.72 the main content table cell stretches beyond the
 > width of the
 > page, creating an unnecessary horizontl scrollbar. I can't
 > figure out why...

Hi John,

I believe you can solve your problem if you enter width values in your <td>
tags in this area:

<!-- round rectangle content border -->

You know the width of these cells because you know the width of the gifs
that go inside them which make up the border. Give the content area a <td>
width value also to confine how wide the text stretches the cell.

That should solve your problem.

Perry Gerenday, Visual Communications Artist
www.virtually-artistic.com