[thelist] Deleting a file through FTP connection

Cancilla Dominick cancilla.d at buckconsultants.com
Thu Sep 6 17:38:43 CDT 2001

I recently took over a Website that has no organization what so ever. I'm
trying to clean the site up, but find that there are a couple of files I
can't delete. Apparently, my client was using Adobe GoLive to do his site
and posted a couple of files with spaces at the beginning of their names (he
thought this would help people who downloaded the files as it would keep
them at the top of a file list). He can't delete the files with GoLive (and
I'm unfamiliar with that software), and both Fetch and Dreamweaver are
unable to delete the files, I'm assuming because of the spaces.

Any suggestions for deleting the offending documents?

Thanks!

--Dominick
DISCLAIMER:   The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee.  Access, copying
or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein by any other
person is not authorized.  If you are not the intended recipient please
notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.