[thelist] ASP or DHTML - when to use?

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Fri Sep 7 10:17:41 CDT 2001

ASP is really for server side stuff. Database access, the occasional
environment variable. I have simple sites that just use HTML and JavaScript
(rollovers and form validation) but they use simple mailto for the form
submission. On others, I've got a database backend for form data, so I use
more VBScript (ASP) on those sites just 'cause I'm already mentally in that
mode when I'm working on the site.

Short answer: if you need server side stuff, ASP (in your case) and if not,
DHTML.

joel at spinhead.com