[thelist] Hiding file location

Pete Freitag pf at cfdev.com
Fri Sep 7 14:15:02 CDT 2001

If you are reading the file from your server side code, you can send back
the file dynamically, so it looks like the file is coming from
dynamicFile.cfm a server side page.  The file you are sending DOES NOT need
to be under the web server root, so you don't have to worry about people
guessing the file name.

Its very easy to do this in ColdFusion, you just use the CFCONTENT tag.
What language are you using?

Pete Freitag (pfreitag at cfdev.com)
CFDEV.COM
ColdFusion Developer Resources