[thelist] Java books (was PHP vs JSP)

Beau Hartshorne beau at members.evolt.org
Fri Sep 7 19:16:30 CDT 2001

<snip>
It's still used on servers, but these are usually not the kind of server a
beginning programmer would expect to be working on (they are expensive by
and large).
</snip>

This was one of my concerns as well. I was worried that I would not be able
to find any reasonably priced hosting providers that supported jsp. So I did
a bit of research (err... googlesearch) and found that in a couple months
ensim will be incorporating all the server side java stuff with their
ServerXchange product. This is cool.

http://www.ensim.com/news/releases/pr060401.shtml

Ensim provides management tools for lots of ISPs. ISPs download updates from
ensim, then roll the updates onto production servers. My ISP is ensim
powered, and reasonably priced. I'll let everyone know how it goes in a few
months once my ISP (theoretically) supports jsp.

Cheers,

Beau