[thelist] onmouseover color change for <tr>

Mark Kennedy mark at eurogamer.net
Sat Sep 8 13:50:10 CDT 2001

I'm a bit confused.  Are you specifying a color for the TD and then changing the
color of the TR?  I think TDs are rendered 'on top' of the tr.

If you look at this sample you'll see what I'm saying:

	<head>
		<title> - </title>
	</head>
cellspacing="10" cellpadding="10" border="0" bgcolor="#eeeeee>

So the td color isn't inherited from the tr.

What I'd do if I wanted to make all of the cells in a row a certain colour,
would be:

and then in my stylesheet put

tr.monkeyface1 td {
	background-color: #ff6600;
}

If I wanted a rollover effect for the whole row, I'd make another class
(monkeyface2) and then change the class name of the tr for the rollover:

onmouseover="this.className = 'monkeyface2'"

Hope I'm not patronising anybody - I may have misunderstood the question.

Regards

Mark

Mark Kennedy
Eurogamer