[thelist] CF: Determining which DB used.

Frank framar at interlog.com
Wed Sep 12 03:41:47 CDT 2001

Hi,

The apps I write are cross platform, thus different DBs come into
play. Access or SQL 7 on PC, and MySQL on Linux. Is there a way of
automatically determining what database I'm using without having to
resort to creating a global variable and changing it every time I
move my app? It's a little thing that would make the transitions
smoother.
--

Some are born great. Some achieve greatness.
Both are excellent contacts to keep in your Rolodex.

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com