[thelist] Specific images (& child rights)

Tyme nopun at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 14 15:06:23 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: James Aylard <webmaster at equilon-mrc.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] Specific images

TYME} I use http://dgl.microsoft.com/ (free use -- see terms);
and stock footage companies such as
http://www.photodisc.com/am/default.asp -- great selection of royalty-free
images ($30 one-time, any use, for web quality).

> Norman,
>
> > Could you elaborate some more on why the extra care? Is the concern that
> the
> > parents will object or are the certain laws and ordinances that prohibit
> the
> > use or perhaps something else entirely.
>
>     I am not aware of any specific laws that would regulate this, but you

TYME} A bit OT, but a children who is "ward of the state" cannot be
photographed for obvious reasons (protect their whereabouts, etc.).
Encountered this a lot in my television broadcast gigs.  Not sure if it is
an actual law or just prudence.

<tip author="Tyme">
Always address the posters actual question _before_ giving them your
unsolicited advice (if at all).
</tip>