[thelist] Database documentation

Norma Ladousse norma.ladousse at noos.fr
Sun Sep 16 12:14:43 CDT 2001

Hi eveyone,

I'm  a one-man team working on part of our Corporate Intranet. I've
developed several databases, and have written all the ASP pages which access
these databases.

As is the case with most developers, I think that my database is clear and
well structured (the file/table names are explicit, etc..), but at the
moment, absolutely no documentation exists for the databases or for the ASP
pages (except for comments within the code).

How should I go about documenting my work, to render it as clear as possible
for a fellow developer? Are there norms to respect with regards to
documentation ?

Many thanks in advance for your valuable help,

Norma