[thelist] JavaScript opener reload (with a twist)

Lauri Vain optima at hot.ee
Sun Sep 16 15:21:25 CDT 2001

Hello everybody,

I have two HTML documents:
The first opens the small second window using JavaScript.

Now, the second window takes user input and executes a few server side
operations and needs to be closed after that. It sends the command
location.reload() to the main window and closes.

Usually I would do this in the small opened window:
<.JavaScript>
opener.document.location.reload();
self.close();
<./JavaScript>

This time, unfortunately, it needs to be done slightly differently. The main
window should do a reload as usual and then *jump* to a certain point on the
page (anchor "id_9" or <a name="id_9">).

Is there a way the small window could tell its opener to reload with #id_9 in
the end of its usual URL? I hope you see where I'm going... Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Yours,
Lauri