[thelist] e-mail validation w/ PHP

John Handelaar genghis at members.evolt.org
Thu Sep 20 19:41:43 CDT 2001

There's a routine in the user registration section
of Geeklog (http://geeklog.sourceforge.net) which checks
for a valid MX record for whatever's to the right of the @ -
or at least there was.  And it worked for the most part.

Because this doesn't fly on NT systems (PHP is *really*
starting to break on Win32; every point release gets worse)
I think I got it removed :-)  but an older version has
a routine which works on *nix.  You're looking for version
1.1 and a file called user.php

GPL licensed code.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com