[thelist] Multiple Select??

Andrew Chadwick andrew.chadwick at prnewswire.co.uk
Fri Sep 21 10:04:03 CDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 10:49:34AM -0300, McAtee, Malcolm wrote:

> I am creating a form to be used in a simple PHP/email
> app. Everything seems to be working well except that my multiple
> select lists seem to pass only the first value in the list.  Please
> see the code below:
>
>        <select name="Type_of_Event" size="6" multiple>
[validating code snipped]

Looks fine to me - your HTML snippet validates to XHTML 1.0 Strict (if
you say multiple="multiple" :)

What happens in the URL line when you select more than one item and
hit submit? You should see something like:

   ...&Type_of_Event=Dinner&Type_of_Event=Meeting

--
Andrew Chadwick, UNIX/Internet Programmer, PR Newswire Europe, Oxford