[thelist] PHP upload files

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Fri Sep 21 17:15:30 CDT 2001

Sorry, I'm a little confused by the situation: are you trying to
allow someone to edit a file on the server? or upload a file to the
server for editing?

Either way, it looks a bit like php is recognizing that you're
opening a file local to the server, and preventing you from accessing
anything outside a directory specified by the open_basedir directive
in the php.ini file
(http://www.php.net/manual/en/html/configuration.html). Although, by
default, open_basedir is configured to allow php to access anywhere
(as long as it has appropriate filesystem permissions).

I don't know jack about IIS, you're probably right that it's causing
the trouble, but the first thing I'd check in this case would be the
php.ini file.

Best
Andrew

--