[thelist] Piping Apache through IIS

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Mon Sep 24 05:32:07 CDT 2001

Now, let's see if I can end my unbroken run of
never getting a single answer from thelist :-)

Premise:
Both Zope (with pcgi) and Jakarta/Tomcat can run
servers on a port other than 80, allowing me to
configure Apache (or IIS sometimes) with a URL
which 'passes through' requests and responses
on the main web server running on port 80.

What I need to do:
I need to have a URL on an IIS site which actually
passes requests back and forward between it and
a copy of apache running on another port number.

Any ideas?

Advance warning:  slaps will be administered to
anyone saying 'You don't need to do this' or 'Don't
use IIS' because our server's already hosting over
20 sites.  And yes, I know I can put it at
http://somehost:8080 but I'm looking to avoid that.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com