[thelist] Site check- Mac users please

david braun david.braun at centralnet.ch
Mon Sep 24 09:26:39 CDT 2001

[24.09.2001 - 9:52 Uhr]
David Rafferton wrote:

> The site is in two sizes- 1 for 800x600px screens and less and one for
> above 800x600px.

I tried this (IE5, OS9.1, on a laptop), but did get the big one only (or
the small one doesn't fit verywell in a 640/480 screen rez)

Seems to be the only problem so far. The site looks nice (though I'd try
to group the buttons a bit tighter for orienton, but that's me)

> I belive that I need a icon file for the mac (filename.ico)
> but I can't seem to find a way to do this on the PC.

You have to create an "icon"-resource and place it into the folder you
want to have the icon to display (the cdrom's 'root'-folder)

> If any of you cool MAC people (suck, suck) would like to take a my gif
> file and make it into a icon file I would be so thankfull.

Do not send a gif, since this is some 7-bit color-dephth (ja, I know,
216). Make it a 32-bit image-file (32px for systems up to 9.x, 128px for
OS X)

send it over, I'll see what I can do...

david