[thelist] Piping Apache through IIS

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Mon Sep 24 10:18:24 CDT 2001

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_proxy.html

> Does the redirect from the site level not work?

Yeah, it will - but my problem is that I'm trying to replace the
site's current god-awful webmail interface with something
else... I'm looking to avoid the port-referencing option
to allow URIs from before to persist.

Zope and Tomcat both have pass-through APIs for both Apache
and IIS... I can put IIS behind Apache with mod_proxy... I'd
just like to find a way of doing it the other way around.

*This* is probably going to end up as an MS problem, though
I should flag up that the original problem is entirely
PHP's fault.

<rant>
They complain about not being taken as seriously as Perl
or Python, and then can't be bothered to fix a memory leak
with IIS which they only introduced 18 months ago.  Grrr.
</rant>

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com