[thelist] Getting started in consulting

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Sep 26 12:00:26 CDT 2001

G'day honourable list members.

Despite these bleak times, I have chucked a big job at a web solutions
company (I was the UX dept. head) to go solo and start a one-man consulting
business.

Since this is the first time I've done this, I've read several books and
online resources on the subject. However, the best guide is always the
experience of one's peers. With that in mind, I was wondering if any of you
nice people who are also consultants would like to share any words of
wisdom with me. What has your experience taught you?

I would be forever grateful.

Regards,

Madhu
PS: Yes, I know I need a web site. It's coming Real Soon Now (tm) :)
PPS: Is this on topic? If not, I'll post a tip next time.

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net