[thelist] css woes - ie 6 ?

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 27 06:18:46 CDT 2001

>Ok.. so now I'm wondering if there is a css - ie6 :hover bug.

Yes, it seems so.

I took out
>all the fancy div tag hovering and added a cheesy background-color to my
>a.class:hover tag and the page still dances.  Here are the links:
>
>version one (fancy) -
>http://developer.metropolis.com/jmclark/scott/temp3.html
>stylesheet - http://developer.metropolis.com/jmclark/scott/scottstyle.css

This one works fine on my IE6.

>version two (simple :hover .. background-color) -
>http://stormdrain.org/concertcar/index2.html
>stylesheet - http://stormdrain.org/concertcar/scottstyle.css

This one creates strange disturbances in the bottom of the page when
hovering over any link but the first. Very strange. Tried in IE5: no
problems.

The cause is the background-color declaration in the a:hover style. Remove
it and the effect disappears.

Definitely strange, definitely a bug.

ppk