[thelist] SQL/MS Access Help needed-making up for bad databas e design

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Thu Sep 27 14:50:20 CDT 2001

| appears in a 'mm/dd/yyyy' format in
| the drop down box on the ASP page.
| The librarian wants this drop down box to read as text, such as
| "January 25, 1902," yet still wants the box to sort the date is
| ascending order.

Hi Janet.

Try:

<%=FormatDateTime(date,vbLongDate)%>

Used with the Now() function in the place of the word 'date' in that
example, one gets: Thursday, September 27, 2001.

You should be able to put in this function the field right from the
recordset object you are using to capture the query results. Like this:

<%=FormatDateTime(rs.datefield,vbLongDate)%>

How does this work? Does it meet your need?

<rory disposition="sometimes I wonder if I should provide more detail or
less..." alt="8)"/>