[thelist] Site Critique Please - Woggz.com

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu Sep 27 20:49:03 CDT 2001

> 2. A very iffy domain name for us in the UK as already explained (we also
> had Golliwog dolls which were black...) although I read the bit about it
> being your nickname.

Applies directly in AU to people of Italian or Greek background (i.e.,
schoolyard soccer brawls between the "wogs" and the "skips").

Is acceptable in humorous circumstances, but retains a slight risk of being
taken the wrong way. In the case of a personal/resumé, it's probably best
avoided.

A popular film in Australia of the past couple of years was The Wog Boy
(demonstrates the "acceptable in humorous circumstances" 'rule').

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au