[thelist] PHP and/or ColdFusion?

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Mon Oct 1 08:51:25 CDT 2001

> Check out the ASP vs. Lasso and the Coldfusion vs. Lasso
> White papers (published by Blueworld :P) on the main page of
> their site.

-shudder- I love comparisons like this:

"In a side-by-side comparison of code required to formulate and display
the results of a basic yet common search query, the Lasso pages resulted
in 1163 characters of code and the ColdFusion pages 1963, over 68% more
code than with Lasso."

Gee, do you think, just maybe, that you were able to write less code in
Lasso since you're a Lasso expert? (Of course, I'm speaking to the
author of the white paper, not you Sean. ;) I hate comparison's like
this. I remember a study about a year ago that said foreign programmers
were better than Americans since, on average, they type less characters.
Would you hire a contractor if he promised to use less nails than his
competition?

I could say more, but I don't want this to get into a "My language is
better than your language" type argument. I just couldn't let _that_
particular arguement slide.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email    : jedimaster at macromedia.com
Yahoo IM : morpheus