[thelist] WYSIWYG x-browser design - is it a reality?

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Mon Oct 1 09:40:34 CDT 2001

Well, as usual, I left out half the description of the issue (and STILL got
lots of meaningful feedback; evolt = Karnak)

The marketing folks won't just be tweaking a bit of text here and there -
they're planning on building a databased online ordering system and
reconfiguring the entire site to work with it. Our VP of Marketing seems to
know what Ultradev is (not saying he knows how to use it) but I'm still
hoping they'll take it and keep it, rather than taking it, breaking it, and
asking me to make it work.

Minor tangent: he seemed astonished that I do virtually all my work by hand
with a text editor (TextPad, actually.) He's under the impression the 'real
professionals' don't do anything by hand, or at least, not much. Comments?

spinhead