[thelist] WYSIWYG x-browser design - is it a reality?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 1 21:27:01 CDT 2001

> From: "isaac" <isaac at members.evolt.org>
>
> > with a text editor (TextPad, actually.) He's under the impression
> > the 'real professionals' don't do anything by hand, or at least, not
> > much. Comments?
>
> I consider myself a "real professional", and I code everything by
> hand. I don't think I've used a WYSIWYG in 2+ years.

er, yeah, i consider myself a real professional, too...

i haven't even allowed a WYSIWYG on any of my machines... if
clients open the stuff i build in a WYSIWYG, there's a clause in our
agreement that immediately kills all responsibility on our end...

you can't code accessible, valid pages (that are also effiecient and
clean) in any WYSIWYGs on the market... you can start there,
and tweak and clean, but a WYSIWYG just cannot do it...