[thelist] WYSIWYG x-browser design - is it a reality?

Brad Miller brad at beldamar.com
Mon Oct 1 23:06:01 CDT 2001

Ok I have been following this thread and I have some questions for all of
you.
I do all of my coding by hand as well but I still use Homesite. I like the
fact that I can use hotkeys to enter things like bold and italic tags. Not
only that but you can drag images into the code without all the typing.

So is Homesite considered a WYSIWYG?
Or is it just the design part of Homesite that is a considered a WYSIWYG?
What separates WYSIWYG from editor?

People's opinions on this subject always interest me because some people say
if you don't use notepad or the like your not a real HTML programmer.
And yet I save myself hours of tedious typing by using Homesite and still
have clean code without font tags and all that crap. I am just as anal about
my code as the next hand coder, but I can't see spending extra time typing
something that I can do with a click or a hotkey. Not only that but it also
eliminates spelling mistakes that take forever to track down.

I know this is an old and heated discussion and I am sorry to bring it up
but it is rather important to me.

Thanks,
Brad Miller
702-438-7660