[thelist] CF Session Variables

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Tue Oct 2 07:55:07 CDT 2001

> time now. For session variables, the store implements
> Locking. (The server
> is NT 4 / IIS/ CF 4.51)

Are you 100% sure that _every_ use of session vars is using locking? Are
you properly using Read/Write locks where appropriate?

> an order. I am aware that this happens with sessions, but I
> thought that
> when Locking was used it would prevent it from happening??
> (obviously I
> need to go back over Locking...)

Locking helps prevent many problems, but again, you may want to make
sure your locking is being done correctly.

> I am not asking for help debugging anything here, rather for
> what I may
> have missed in looking into possible causes. The only thing
> that changed
> was the item price.

That does seem rather odd.

> 3) The server has a serious memory problem. The server this is on is
> notorious for being overcrowded, it often times out on
> requests. Would
> running out of memory cause it?

In theory, this would result in a session getting dumped, not swapped,
so a person would find themselves logged out, not being swapped.

I'd like more info. What is your setup like. Cluster, one machine, Cf
version, etc.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email    : jedimaster at macromedia.com
Yahoo IM : morpheus