[thelist] CF Session Variables

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Tue Oct 2 09:31:34 CDT 2001

> -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
> >Are you 100% sure that _every_ use of session vars is using locking?
> -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
>
> I would not say 100% sure - because I have not looked at each
> page (yet) to
> verify.

Check. Even if this ISN'T the cause, it's still a dang good idea.

> -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
> >Are you properly using Read/Write locks where appropriate?
> -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
>
> I didn't write this application, but I have looked at the
> code and from
> what I can tell, it looks correct. Here is one example of a lock:
>
> <cflock name=#Session.SessionId# timeout="20"
> type="READONLY"> <cfset itemnumber =
> Session.Basket.CurrentRow> <cfset Product_ID =
> Session.Basket.Product_ID> </cflock>

Yep, although, I'd change: NAME="#Session.SessionID#" to
SCOPE="Session". This is safer on a 4.5.1 box.

> This server is NT 4.0/SP6, IIS 4 (latest patch AFAIK) and CF 4.5.1
>
> I don't know if it is in a Cluster, but I suspect that it is
> setup in the
> most basic way possible.... I can get specifics about the
> server itself if
> you think it would help.

Ok... sounds like you may just want to get a bit anal w/ your locks, and
see if that helps. Outside of that, I'm not sure what else to suggest
for now. Let us know!

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email    : jedimaster at macromedia.com
Yahoo IM : morpheus