[thelist] lotus notes beginners advice

Howard Scott hscott at tdpl.com
Tue Oct 2 10:20:31 CDT 2001

Hi all

I have been offered a possible job doing some database design and building a
web application around it.

nothing difficult there.

except it's got to be on Lotus Notes/Domino, and I have never even seen the
box the software comes in, let alone developed on it.

Can anyone give me any URL pointers, or even some plain old advice on what
to start thinking about with this? I hear it's ODBC compliant, and saw some
mention of notesSQL???

If it's any help I can do ASP/SQL no worries, so I am pretty sure I should
be able to at least get "Hello World" running on Notes :)

Any advice greatly appreciated, and Thanks in Advance as usual.

Cheers

"H"