[thelist] WYSIWYG x-browser design - is it a reality?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 2 12:52:24 CDT 2001

> From: Sam-I-Am <sam at sam-i-am.com>
[...]
> This is entirely separate from the whole WYSIWYG vs hand coding thing.
> You can write perfectly awful code by hand quite easily. But if the
> goal is to create a document that people can read.. what's the
> quickest path to get there? Put on the other guy's shoes and think
> about what his priorities are. Why not offer to create DW templates
> for him (which you can do in vi if you feel like it) and exert a
> positive influence that way?

this is an absolutely valid point... we can't forget that business
issues can drive things like code compliance...

it's really the same as the whole CSS-only layout vs. tabled layout
thing the WaSP has been pushing...

sure, we can do it, but the business needs are quite often counter
to the WaSP mantra...

balance is key, but whenever possible, code well...

but i ain't givin' up notepad...