[thelist] User feedback survey

travis forden travis at treevis.com
Tue Oct 2 21:29:15 CDT 2001

tony,

you should really tailor this survey to what you want to ask and what information you'd like to know. your audience will be different from anyone else's audience. likewise, do you want to ask them questions about your new site, about the conference, about the industry? good surveys take a lot of work to craft the right questions. knowing the answers to the above questions helps you immensely when trying to figure this out. if anyone directs you to an existing survey, i'd recommend using it as a very loose guide. following someone else's survey that was designed for a different purpose can give you misleading answers, or the wrong answers completely.

look to these surveys as ways to phrase questions, but come up with your own questions. you'll get more satisfying and more appropriate answers from it.

travis