[thelist] Slicing in Fireworks

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 3 14:01:38 CDT 2001

Hello fellow fireworks users,

I'm a bit stuck on slicing and could really use some direction.

If you can picture this layout, it goes like this:

A left border that elbows around the top corner. On this border is a
business logo, text, and button symbols along the left edge but not up
against the edge.

To the immediate right of the end of the elbow at the top is a disjoint
rollover connected to one of the button symbols on the left edge.

In the lower right corner is the business logo of the client, small, only 70
X 86. The middle or what would be the body is blank to add content later in
Dreamweaver. My problem, after trying several ways of slicing it, is that I
haven't been able to slice it without it breaking into pieces when I preview
it in the browser (IE5.5)

The disjoint rollover and button symbols as you know already have their
respective slices. Is it the overlaps in the slices that is causing this or
the way I have the page laid out. everything is on its own layer.

Any help with the way in which I should approach this would be wonderful.
Hopefully I have given you enough of a picture to visualize this layout.

Bob
---