[thelist] forgotten win2000 logon

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Thu Oct 4 03:50:08 CDT 2001

Hi,
I have a rather stupid problem.
I have a main PC, and a slave PC,setup in a small home network, running
win2000 .
I accidentally changed my slave pc's settings, to ask for a logon password.
Now I try all logon/password combinations I can imagine I might have used
for that box, but I can't get it past the "logon to windows" dialogue.
The strange thing is, I was under the impression the logon password was for
authentication, not security, but on this one I can't start windows at all.
Does anyone know how to change this?

I thought I found a tool for this job here:

LS Logon Rescue 1.0
Created to help those who have forgotten their Windows Logon password.
LS Logon Rescue 1.0  Free  1,100K
More Info: http://lahn.virtualave.net/software/logonrescue/main.htm

but I keep getting a "bad gateway" error here.

All help appreciated.

Richard.

<tip type=JavaScript>
During debugging it's sometimes handy to place "alert()" at strategic
places, to pop up a variables value.
If you want to be able to cut'n'paste, or change this variables value, use a
prompt, like this:

var value=100
value=prompt(" ",value)

This will pop up an input box with 100 in it.
You can click "ok", to accept it, change the value and click ok to change
it, or click "cancel" to set it to null.
</tip>