[thelist] Installing older browser IE4.01 SP2

James Aylard webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Thu Oct 4 11:23:43 CDT 2001

Simon,

> I am installing on Windows 95 which currently has IE3.02 on it.As far as
> I know I have the full set of installation files. I have located a
> numder of different sets of installation files, all in the region of
> 20Mb as a whole. The installation set from Evolt is one of the file sets
> that I have tried and it too seems to want to access a remote location
> during the install.

    So you are trying to upgrade from IE 3.02 to IE 4.01 SP2? If the install
is trying to access the Internet, it may be that certain features that you
are trying to install are not included in the installation package. Try
restricting your installation to just the browser, and see if that works.

James Aylard