[thelist] Win2K Pro/IIS 5 connection problem

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano at usashs.com
Thu Oct 4 15:21:26 CDT 2001

I had these issues before on a Win2k Pro installation.  Here's the advice I
got:

1. Check the iis logs (iis5.log for me)  After viewing them I realized there
were more errors listed than informational messages.  I pasted a few lines
on an IIS listserv and received many groans about how unlucky I was.
2. Corrupt Metabase (or portion thereof).  See if you can install and use
MS's MetaEdit utility.
3. Realize you have a corrupted box and reinstall the OS and IIS.

The third option was was worked for me.

--Salvatore