[thelist] JSP Hosts

Lee Stewart LeeStewart at bigfoot.com
Thu Oct 4 23:24:45 CDT 2001

> But if you're just experimenting, try installing Apache and Tomcat
> on your own system - it's easy to set up, even on Windows, and you
> can use MySQL for the DB. Your only investment is a little time ...

I agree - it's pretty easy to get JSP up and running.  Make sure you have
the latest Java runtime stuff installed and the CLASSPATH variable points to
the proper directory.  Install Tomcat (skip the Apache install) and
configure it's JAVA_HOME variable (I did this in the startup.bat file).
Also, you can use any ODBC compliant database.  In other words, you can use
Access instead of MySQL.

I can send better details if you want.

Lee Stewart               StripedCow Technology Group, Inc.
http://www.stripedcow.com          advanced web development