[thelist] OT: dont stiff the webmaster...

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.com
Fri Oct 5 14:51:19 CDT 2001

Actually, this does raise some on-topic issues.  For one, this sort of site
outlines how unprofessional the "webmaster" was and is.  If she is your
client, wouldn't that make you the webmaster.  :)  (I'm confused now...)

Also, it begs to wonder if this is libelous.  I think not, since only the
image is changed, not the text.  It seems that if this sort of changed
happened on a live domain that somebody could be held accountable.  But,
since the domain expired, it is more difficult to reach, though it may be
possible that some errant DNS Server out there has the IP cached and refuses
to update, which would mean all clients served by that DNS could still get
to the site via the domain name even though the registration has expired.
If this is the case, then she might have reason to sue.  Hmmm....

-joshua