[thelist] Search engine

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.com
Fri Oct 5 15:09:09 CDT 2001

The question you pose is very broad.  What sort of ideas do you have in mind
already?  A lot of factors are important: which database are you using, what
middleware are you using, actual size of the database (number of rows to be
searched), types of fields you want to search (varchar, text/memo), amount
of space available for making dictionaries and indexes, how much time do you
have to do this, do you want english queries... etc.

Based on what you've specified so far, it should be fairly straightforward
if you choose not to allow wildcards.

-joshua