Use IMAP instead (was : Re: [thelist] Outlook Express woes)

Philippe Jadin philippe at 123piano.com
Sun Oct 7 03:23:01 CDT 2001

> If your completely out of drive space then you may want to look into
> deleting your temporary files, temporary internet files and even removing
> some programs.
> I frequently look through my add/remove programs for stuff I never use
> anymore or stuff I installed to try, and forgot to remove.
> And sometimes you just sacrifice programs for others, or buy a bigger drive.

With imap, emails are stored server side, along with their status (read,
deleted, moved, replied...), and their classification into folders. So I
can access them from anywhere and I only get those new ones I need.

Backups and filtering are done server side which is the most logical way
imho.

Philippe