[thelist] Fed Up!

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sun Oct 7 16:55:00 CDT 2001

Oops, one very important thing I forgot to mention about avoiding spam.

Many sites have a little "gotcha" in their signup process . This is usually
a checkbox that says something along the lines of "Site XYZ ocassionally
sends out special offers from our partners. Uncheck this box if you don't
want to receive such mail".

The sad part is that this box is almost always checked by default and
sometimes the language is made really obscure so people won't bother
reading all of it.

ALWAYS uncheck this box in the registration process. Don't let the sites
pull a fast one on you.

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant