[thelist] Defect Tracker & tip

Marcelo Lewin marcelo at lewinfamily.com
Mon Oct 8 09:09:48 CDT 2001

Hi everyone!
	I'm in the middle of developing a defect tracker that is purely web based
for focus solely on web development projects.  If you can take just 5
minutes to answer the following questions, it would help me greatly in
figuring out what all web developers would like to see in this product.

Thanks!

1) What kind of options would you like to see in?
2) What kind of options would you definitely not like to see?
3) Would you like to keep application configuration in the bug tracker?
4) Would you like to keep build information in the bug tracker?
5) How much would you be willing to pay for the product?
6) The product will be written in Cold Fusion?  Would this deter any of you
from purchasing such product?

Thanks.
Marcelo

<tip type="META Tags" author="Marcelo Lewin">
If you are checking for the equality of two strings in Cold Fusion, use the
Compare Function. Not only is this function quicker than "eq", but "eq" does
a case insensitive comparison. This is not good if you want to have
passwords or any string be case sensitive.
</tip>