[thelist] FTP Log Analysis

Warren Wight warren at warrenworld.com
Tue Oct 9 09:36:36 CDT 2001

Hi folks,
I have a meeting with a client who wants his architects to have FTP space on
their own servers that my client and the architects can send graphic files
to each other. That I can handle teaching them.

BUT...They also want to have a way of knowing when a specific file has been
downloaded. I am assuming there is a log analysis program to do this or is
there a software package that could handle the ftp transfers as well as
logging access to each directory..

I hope this is clear. I have done some Google searching but didn't find what
I was looking for.

Any suggestions...I think they are all pc based?

thanks,
warren