[thelist] Site observation please

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Oct 9 10:20:53 CDT 2001

Hi all,

I am building my church's web site and need a little constructive thought.
There are 2 versions that I'm playing with, the first site
http://www24.brinkster.com/webdad/index.htm is a design that was given to me
in a Power Point presentation that I then translated somewhat in Fireworks,
this is the site that the coordinator of the web site project is favoring.

The second version of the site
http://www24.brinkster.com/webdad/calvary2/index.htm is the one that I came
up with, thinking it is a more today look and function. I feel this is a
better site since the church wants to target the 30 - 40 year range with
family. I think that this age group would more inclined to use this type of
design than the other....just my personal thought.

What I'm looking for are comments about the overall look of each in
comparison to each other, what would catch your eye better and make you want
to go further into the site.

The logo was supplied to me and I placed the drop shadow behind it. The site
is not anywhere near finished yet, that's why I'm asking for specific
comments. Only some of the buttons are active, these are a 3 page version of
about 10.

Thanks in advance for your comments,

Bob
---