[thelist] How can I clear the registry?

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Oct 9 11:48:55 CDT 2001

This is driving me up a wall.

I just switched storage of ColdFusion client variables from the registry to
a database.  Now, I'm trying to clear the registry of its client variables
(the file has grown to over 200Mb).  However, every time I try to open it
in regedit, open it in regedt32 or use Allaire's script
(http://www.allaire.com/Handlers/index.cfm?ID=20340&Method=Full), it won't
open/finish opening (I've let it run over 20 minutes at some times), it
runs the CPUs up to 100% and then requires rebooting.

Is there any other way to remove these registry entries?  I am nearing my
wit's end with this.  I *have* to get rid of them.

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly
while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato
"There is so much to be said in favor of modern journalism.
By giving us the opinions of the uneducated it keeps us in
touch with ignorance of the community." - Oscar Wilde