[thelist] dynamic email auto response files

Mike Stevens mstevens at members.evolt.org
Tue Oct 9 14:46:33 CDT 2001

Hello,

Sorry if this message shows up twice...it didn't seem to go through the
first time.

On my server I have text files used for email auto response.  The files are
named like so: .myMailBox.mydomain.response

What I'd like to do is replace that file with a script that will connect to
a database and dynamically generate the content of that auto response
message before it replies to the sender.  Just for the hell of it I tried
dropping a php script in that file but since it's just a text file the auto
response I got was just the raw php code...which is what I expected.

Can anyone give me some guidance as to how I might be able to pull this off?

Thanks,

Mike