[thelist] I hate Fireworks

travis forden tlforden at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 15:29:06 CDT 2001

in addition to what others have said, you can do plenty with Fireworks. for
the price, i love it. you can export PNG files as JPEG, GIF, PNG8, 24, 32,
TIFF, BMP. You can even optimize certain areas as JPG and others as GIF and
still others as something else. you can also save a part of a JPG at a high
resolution and the rest of it at a lower resolution (in v4 at least).

Try "export" under file and see the toolbox for Windows > Optimize.

travis