[thelist] solaris and windows dual boot possible?

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Tue Oct 9 15:53:47 CDT 2001

>The main thing is that you install Solaris LAST -- which shouldn't
>be a problem in the case you describe above.

Sorry, one other thing: 'last' means last temporally, not necessarily
last on the drive. You will have a lot of trouble if the entire
solaris partition is outside of the first 8 gb. If you can't avoid
that, use the fdisk manager in the install process to create a
separate partition of the 'boot' type (10 mb is fine) within the
first 8 gb, and the solaris partition proper wherever you like.
That's an intel limitation, I think, not solaris.

Cheers and HTH
Andrew
--
Andrew Forsberg