[thelist] I hate Fireworks

Jamie Bakum jamie.bakum at circle.com
Tue Oct 9 16:29:40 CDT 2001

> I'm looking forward to loving it too - I had high hopes, in fact... but the
> tutorials and manuals really disappointed me and, as with anything, the more
> time the learning curve takes the lower it goes on the priority list. I
> *will* get there. :)

If it's any consolation, I've found that the quality of Macromedia software
is inversely proportionate to the quality of their documentation. Run away
from anything they provide -

I don't usually like to recommend "dummies" type books, but if you have the
coin, combining an entry-level "talk you through" things book like the
Visual Quick Start series or, yes, Fireworks for Dummies, with a more
detailed reference book, like the "Bible" series, is a pretty potent combo -
The "easy" book gets you started and the "Bible" is there to provide detail
and more advanced techniques once you learn your way around -

Good luck

---

Jamie