[thelist] I hate Fireworks

Paul Wilson webguroo at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Oct 9 16:33:33 CDT 2001

> Yes I did get a book with the program, but it's written in Greek and
assumes
> a level of knowledge that I do not apparently have. ("We assume you are
> already familiar with Fireworks basics such as <greek, *further* assuming
> would know what they meant>; if you are not, please use the tutorials
> included with your program to get up to speed before proceeding with this
> book.") My first experience with a Fireworks tutorial went fine for the
> first two steps, then my program did not behave as the tutorial said it
> would, and I could not get past that so I gave up, thinking maybe it was
> time to go and buy a different book. Any ideas for online tutorials
(BASICS,
> like how to create a new graphic) or good books would be much appreciated,
> as were the many tips to "export." Thanks!!

You will see that Fireworks, Flash, and Dreamweaver to an extent share some
common menu ideas with Photoshop.  I think that you are just used to a PC.
Remember these programs are also used on Macs.  I think the Mac influence in
the menus is what's bugging you.

If you think the Fireworks tutorial gets you lost, you should try the Flash
5 tutorial.  You will really pull you hair out there.

I looked at several books out there. None impressed me.  I ended up taking
classes at New Horizons to speed up the process.  You can always stop an
instructor when you get lost.

Paul Wilson
webguroo at tampabay.rr.com