[thelist] Award Winning Site???

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.com
Wed Oct 10 09:13:34 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Chadwick" <andrew.chadwick at prnewswire.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [thelist] Award Winning Site???

: If that doesn't work, swallow your pride and consider what complexity
: to drop next; test again, lather, repeat, rinse.

Huge +1 on this.  Additionally, this will save you an incredible amount of
time both at the time of development and during support.  It's almost always
a losing battle when you have to tell your boss that you only have to spend
about 5 minutes and it'll look just like the designer mocked-up.  I don't
have any real numbers, but I'd venture to guess that in 90% of the time you
won't be able to get it 100%.  And, even if you do, what are the odds that
some idiot request is going to blow it up anyway, such as "Darryl said every
color has to be web safe... so do it, and make it look exactly the same."

-joshua