[thelist] Oracle tutorials? (was: evolt.org cms updated..)

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at compaq.com
Thu Oct 11 10:26:45 CDT 2001

Hi Chris,

For SQL there are a number of good on-line, (and off-line, i.e. book),
references, including Phil Greenspun's excellent "SQL for Web Nerds":
http://www.arsdigita.com/books/sql/

For Oracle in more general terms - I've had better luck with books than
on-line references. {I guess others have better luck - I've always
'gotten lost' in Oracle's website - I think it's a nightmare!}

"Oracle - The Complete Reference" by Osbourne, Mcgraw, Hill is pretty
thorough book.  The O'Reilly "PL/SQL" book with the ants on it is a
pretty good reference too!

HTH,

RonL.
(my new quote for the day:

"TIMTOWTDI - There Is More Than One Way To Do It!" - official anthem of
the Perl programming culture . as well as a handwritten inscription in
my personal copy of the Kama Sutra!

)