[thelist] xssi serving up separate css

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 12 10:49:53 CDT 2001

> From: "Paul Backhouse" <paul.backhouse at 2cs.com>
>
>    it does 100& depend on wat the client wants - after all thats why
>    we exsist!

yep, and sometimes the client is wrong, but you do all you can to
guide them, and often end up building it anyway...

> ive working for a company with offices in 11 different countries and
> well over 100 offices scattered about all over - corporate - only
> issue we had were cookies, as a build in their company they were
> turned off (i have found in corporate companies this is normal in the
> uk).

that could be a huge issue to some developers... i know i rely on
them a lot, but never rely on them so much that someone can't use
a site without them...

> What sort of life expectancy do you reckon i website has?

aw hell, that's such an open question, and so's the answer...

i've built sites that have lasted since 1994... because they do what
they need and no one sees a need to change them...

i've got another client who just finished a design, and now wants a
new design...

i guess it's a function of user feedback, business need, whims of
the client, and how well the site addressed its original and future
needs...

IOW, i have no idea...